Monday 17 March 2014

Lovely Evening in Lechlade

First Post, here we go...

I believe introductions are in order- I'm Beth and welcome to my little space on the internet, I'm very excited to be here and I hope you enjoy reading my blogs!
So I thought I would kick things off by sharing with you what I've been up to this evening.
We are very lucky to have two sunny days in a row here in England (I know can you believe it!) and what better way to spend the evening by the Thames in a small country pub.
Mondays are the only day I have to spend with my boyfriend Michael, as we both work full time, so we always aim to go out and spend the day somewhere different and today we opted for one of my favourite places- Lechlade.
Lechlade is an old  market town which overlooks the River Thames just outside of the Cotswolds.
Whenever I visit this little town
I can't resist going into the antique shops which line the high street and homes great little trinkets and treasures, as well as visiting the quirky cafés and restaurants that are decked out in the cutest shabby chic furniture, a great place for some home inspiration!

Its also the perfect opportunity to stroll along the riverside and count the sleepy ducks that line the banks, but today however my mission was to get food for a very hungry Michael, who had been (very patently) waiting for my return home from work- that's right I had to do overtime today, on one of the sunniest days of the year so far, typical isn't it! Well that still didn't stop me and Mike spending some much needed time together as we headed up to The Riverside Pub.
The Riverside Pub is a great place to sit and relax, it has lots character and perfect views over the river.
I chose the classic home cooked ham, eggs and chips, while Mike tucked into a flavoursome three bean chilli and even having enough room to finish off some of mine! After our bellies were full we decided to head home (without checking out the antique shops- well theres a first!)
So there we have it, dinner by the river, one of the perks of living in the country, lets hope the good weather keeps up so I can have many more outings like this and maybe next time I will have a little antique haul to share with you all as well!

Do you have any places you like to visit near where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment